Try my easy and delicious pizza alternative: sausage wrapped in kale leaves:
1. Steam lacinato (“dinosaur”) kale leaves and lay flat.
2. Mix your favorite spices into plain ground pork and form a giant patty. I like sea salt, oregano, basil, garlic and fennel seeds. (Skip fennel if doing AIP.) Or use ready-made sausage that you trust.
3. Cook thoroughly, ideally in a cast iron skillet. You probably won’t need to add fat unless your meat is extra lean.
4. When fully cooked, cut into strips about 1/2″ – 1″ wide.
5. Place a sausage strip in the center of a leaf. Feel free to add tomato sauce, pesto, cheese, additional veggies, or whatever if you wish.
6. Roll up into an easy to handle bundle.
7. If they’ve cooled down, you may wish to warm in the oven for a few minutes. Serve and enjoy!